LLA Ep.#229: Johann Hari - Author of the New York Times best-selling book, 'LOST CONNECTIONS: Uncovering The Real Causes of Depression - and the Unexpected Solutions'
Manage episode 209391453 series 30571
- Johann shares how questioning traditional medical treatment for depression and seeking non-traditional resources
- What did Johann learn from various sources, such as the Amish and Brazilians who banned advertisements, in terms of depression
- Johann reveals that there are 9 causes of depression, and on "2" are biological
- Does your job really play a key factor in attributing to depression and other health factors, or is this just a myth
- Why it's a good idea to ask what is it exactly that your boss does, and why a certain business model that may be viewed as a form of socialism may not be a bad idea, as well as may benefit your mental health
- Why is a world that is so connected via the internet, the loneliest society in history
- How did a place called "Dog Sh-t Alley" help one particular woman overcome depression, and what can we learn from this case study
- Why one study showed that those living in the United States, who deliberately tried to focus on making themselves happy, as compared to others in countries such as Russia, China, and Japan, failed to achieve happiness
- How an eviction, a planned suicide, the fall of the Berlin Wall, a Turkish-German in a wheelchair, a female punk in a miniskirt, and a club called Club Anal helped a community overcome depression
- Why does Sincere sound as if he is getting ready to ask Mike and Johann if they want to choose the "red pill" or "blue pill"
- Listen to ad-free LLA Podcast Premium Episodes for Patreon Subscribers Only. Become a monthly supporter via $5 or more on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/llapodcast
- Project Child Save: http://projectchildsave.org
- Warrior Angels Foundation: http://warriorangelsfoundation.org
- Purchase Aggressive Strength products: http://strengthbymahler.com
- Purchase Aggressive Strength Bundles: http://budurl.com/mahlerbundles
- Purchase New Warrior Training products: http://newwarriortraining.com
- Johann's site: https://thelostconnections.com
189 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 98 mins duration .