Manage episode 225762518 series 1048970
I LOVE making cheese, I have not had access to raw milk to make cheese with in a number of years - so why not cover the basics on cheesemaking? So today, I will walk you through the basic process and end on 2 assignments you can start with to being to hone your cheese making chops.
Holler Hat Wednesday - send your guess to...
- Instagram: Nicolesauce1
- Facebook: groups/lftncoffeebreak/
Getting Started with Cheese Making
- Sour Cream (Learning to culture) - put whole milk or cream in a jar --- add sour cream (2 tblsp). Shake and wait.
- Farmers Cheese
- Mesophilic Culture: https://amzn.to/2W9HTdr
- Citric Acid: https://amzn.to/2B0NE4a (grab it at walmart or somewhere when canning stuff is in season)
- Thermometer: https://amzn.to/2FRG52K
- Stock pot (Metal vs coated)
- Slotted spoon (Metal)
- Butter knife to cut curd
- Animal Rennet: https://amzn.to/2B2aW9H
- Vegetarian rennet: https://amzn.to/2CFtRat
- Cheesecloth vs pillow cases
- Thermophilic Culture: https://amzn.to/2CINcYq
- Cheese press
- Bees wax
Make it a great week!
Samantha the Savings Ninja
- Instagram: @nicolesauce1
- Twitter: @nicolesauce
183 episodes available. A new episode about every 2 days averaging 44 mins duration .