Manage episode 177273247 series 1048970
The past week has been full of strange misadventures. We’ve demo’d a new coffee bean for Holler Roast Coffee, run it by a friend, found someone willing to help me grow the business by loaning me a few extra roasters, opened the cabin rental for the season, out the newspaper to bed and even decided to put out tomatoes before May 1, my usual planting date. And it has made me think about how it is so easy to prepare for some things, but getting ahead in finances can be really tough. So today, I thought I would run through my thought process as I decide if I will grow the Holler Roast business beyond it’s extremely limited market.
Eating Seasonally and Tales from the Prepper Pantry This is where we share what we are eating as it comes to us - and talk about ways to use what we store.
- Wild Mustard, watercress, hairy vetch, last of the dead nettle, arugula (story of the Easter Salad)
- Crappie, fish stock
- Hitting the canned peaches because it is about to be canned peaches time again!
Getting the Gardens Ready Where we share what we are doing to get our food growing operation up and running.
- Trimming and chipping the pathways
- Planting the last of the fruit trees
- Beating the wineberries BACK
- Shade cloth is on the greenhouse and that made the tomatoes really happy
5 Questions to Ask When It's Time to Grow
- Do I love this enough to really do it?
- How does it pencil as I grow? (time, extra licensing, etc.)
- How am I going to expand sales, is my market growing or am I planning to increase market share in my existing market?
- Why am I better than my competition? Why are they better than I am?
- What are the do or die items that if they are not in place, I will pull the plug?
Stories from the Holler
Make it a great week!
Song: Suicide, Sauce
158 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 45 mins duration .