Manage episode 199309424 series 1548030
A non-binary transgender person going by they or she pronouns. Katy Jon Went talks about her life, love and passions.
WHAT WE DISCUSS
- How being transgender (and the operation you had) affected their relationships
- How their mental health (bipolar ups and suicidal downs) affected their current relationship
- Why Katy and her partner have both chosen to live apart
- What the most critical component is, in their view, to maintaining a good relationship
- The effect of feeling asexual has on their relationship, and whether their relationship lacks something most other relationships would expect to be central to it.
Katy Jon Went
ABOUT KATY JON
Katy Jon Went is a non-binary transgender person going by they or she pronouns. They do not feel limited or defined by labels and prefer to be seen as a person, as a human being, before any gender, sexuality, or other identity boxes.
Katy has mental health conditions including bipolar disorder and has made friends with their health and is transparent about every aspect of their life, with all its ups and downs.
They are a regular speaker at schools, universities and political protests on mental health, LGBT, and human rights and advocacy issues.
They run several support groups for trans and non-binary spectrum people, their partners and families.
Katy is a multipassionate polypreneur having founded many business ventures and support enterprises.
She trained in Economics, Computing and Theology and these formed early career choices, but since a mid-life realisation that she needed to be fully authentic, as well as coming to terms with some mental health issues has subsequently developed into a speaker, writer and support group organiser on LGBT, wellbeing and other human rights issues.
She is often on TV, radio talking about her life journey and how it has affected what she does now.
CONTACT DETAILS / LINKS
You can read more here - www.katyjon.com/bio
Website - www.katyjon.com
Social Media Links
Facebook/soundcloud/storify/tumblr/twitter - @katyjon Facebook/google+/instagram/quora/youtube - @katyjonwent) Linkedin -@kjwent
If you have enjoyed this show then please leave a review.
How to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple's Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
Connect with Wendy Here......
Facebook - CLICK HERE
Linked in - CLICK HERE
Twitter Account - CLICK HERE
Website – www.yourrelationshipspecialist.co.uk
From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship book - Link to Amazon
Itunes link - http://apple.co/2xj5yud
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 31 mins duration .