Manage episode 104983896 series 8436
Board certified, licensed Physician Assistant Erynn Kay joins our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 164 of “Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore, Dietitian Cassie & Friends!”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lowcarbconversations/LCC-164-kay.mp3
Happy Friday and thanks for listening to this weekly podcast dedicated to discussing the latest headlines in the world of health. We are constantly scoping out all the latest news about diet, fitness, and health in the mainstream to bring you the information people are talking about the most. If you like what you hear, then you can CLICK HERE to make a donation of any amount to give financially towards this listener-supported podcast. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
WHY IS JAMIE OLIVER HATING ON COCONUT OIL?
Everything you thought you knew about coconut oil is about to change
In today’s episode, our co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie are joined by a board certified, licensed Physician Assistant named Erynn Kay from Denver’s Diet Doctor. Listen to Jimmy and Cassie banter at the beginning about Jimmy’s Periscoping and continuing long-term fasting experiment and Cassie’s nutrition webinar that took place earlier this week.
FOOD BABE FORCES STARBUCKS TO CHANGE ICONIC FALL DRINK
Starbucks caves to ‘Food Babe’ and changes Pumpkin Spice Latte recipeListen in as Jimmy, Cassie, and Erynn discuss the lessons learned from the failure of the butter tax in Denmark, Jamie Oliver’s controversial stance on coconut oil, a new call for ditching calories and focusing on the dietary changes that can lower heart disease, a look at the breakfast choices of 7 nutritionist, whether carbs have earned their place on dinner tables again, the impact that Food Babe has made on changing the formulation of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks (and why she still won’t drink it!), a Knoxville, Tennessee school that has switched to local, organic, and grass-fed school lunch meals, and how grain consumption in Australia has declined sharply thanks to the Paleo and low-carb message there. Don’t miss the awesome health tips at the end of the show. So, pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk!
“LOW-CARB CONVERSATIONS” PODCAST IS LISTENER-SUPPORTED!:
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 164
– We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
– Erynn Kay from Denver’s Diet Doctor
– SECRET HEADLINE: Denmark’s fat tax was a failure — but revisionists are trying to rewrite the story
– Everything you thought you knew about coconut oil is about to change
– It is time to stop counting calories, and time instead to promote dietary changes that substantially and rapidly reduce cardiovascular morbidity and mortality
– What 7 Nutritionists Eat for Breakfast Each Morning
– Carbs earn their place at the table
– Starbucks caves to ‘Food Babe’ and changes Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe
– Knoxville school switches to organic, locally grown menu this school year
– Fad diets drive Aussies from grain in droves
191 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .