Manage episode 292199274 series 1338429
- [01.50] - What the most interesting recent thing he's learnt has been.
- [02.50] - What hormesis is.
- [04.20] - Adam's analogy of why exercise is like a river.
- [07.20] - What we know about technique and injury?
- [17.20] - How important is the language trainers use to describe the way people do an exercise/ technique?
- [19.25] - Taking an exercise out of a clients programme if you don't see what you deem as 'good technique'?
- [23.00] - Movement variability.
- [23.45] - When is technique important?
- [28.55] - Helping a client who is afraid of bending over due to something like a herniated disk?
- [33.00] - Using a dynamometer to show clients how strong they are.
- [36.20] - Doing a lot of an exercise to fix pain or injury? (core work for back pain as an example)
- [42.20] - Medical imaging and how to think about the degeneration of the body.
- [45.30] - Spinal flexion and how to think about it during an exercise like a deadlift.
- [51.30] - What positions that he disagrees with are the ones that have the most value?
- [53.50] - How he has changed the way he debates people online.
Find Out More About Adam:
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/adammeakins/ (@adameakins)
- Website: https://www.thesports.physio/
- His podcast: https://www.thesports.physio/the-naf-physio-podcast/
Find Out More About LTB: