Africa-focused technology, digital and innovation ecosystem insight and commentary.
Manage episode 282783943 series 120573
- Homebrew going big
- Uncle runs a brewpub down in Alvin, Tx
- Going to help him repair and rebuild the brewery for post COVID
- Building more electrical boxes
- Chip shortages hit even as auto chip sales climb
- Ford and Fiat Chrysler are temporarily closing factories due to limited supplies of electronic components that are used in displays and transmissions
- Apple wants to make a self-driving electric car by 2024
- VLSI Research report
- 4th quarter auto chip sales improved by 30% over the third quarter, reaching $6.2 billion
- Which is 11% above fourth quarter in 2019
- Overall auto IC sales for 2020 were down about 6.4% from 2019
- Tesla may be the best example of what happened in 2020, reaching sales of 499,000 new cars in all of 2020, an increase of 36%
- Searching for components kind of sucks sometimes. New idea for making this easier
- LDOs and other ICs
- Simple search removal that doesn't require that the engineer perform their own logic to reach the “perfect part”
- No More lists or excel sheets - Savable searches
- Watch out for datasheet marketing wank…
- TL052 precision voltage reference circuit
- Opamp calls out max 80mA per channel and 160mA per chip...with low offset the best of all worlds!
- Circuit works well in multiple designs but new one craps the bed
- Got to pay attention to those charts - this is actually slightly worse than a normal opamp…..
- Solution is to transistor buffer