Manage episode 240087605 series 2471185
In this Math Mentoring Moment episode we speak with a year 1 (first grade) teacher Sierra Classen in her second year of teaching from Melbourne, Australia. Listen in as we work through this common struggle we have all faced - either currently or in the past - related to students hyper focusing on answer getting over process.
- Strategies to help your students re-think the purpose of math class.
- How games can shape math lessons
- Why number talks are great culture builders
- Characteristics of effective math instruction
- Two Types of questions you should avoid answering
Show Notes: https://makemathmoments.com/episode38