Manage episode 223930578 series 2471185
In this episode, Kyle Pearce and Jon Orr share 3 moves to ignite TEACHER action in the classroom so you can spark curiosity and fuel sense making in your students. We outline how we’ve used these moves in our classrooms to make significant learning gains with our students and give you valuable tips on so you can incorporate these moves regularly classroom.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Why planning with each move is valuable to you and your students.
- How to use what you see and hear in your classroom to help plan your next lessons.
- How following the 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematical Discussion will give you more than just a lesson plan.
- How to save time in your course while teaching through problem solving.
- How we can plan to reach all your students regardless of grade level.
Resources discussed and shared in the show notes:
- Cover It Up Task for Fractions
- Desmos Marbleslides Lines
- Tom Schimmer’s Book: Grading from the Inside Out.
- 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematical Discussions ( Margaret Smith, Mary Kay Stein).
- The Making Math Moments That Matter Online Workshop (Registration Opening January 25th).
Access the show notes here: