Manage episode 224251330 series 2471185
In our first Mentoring Moments episode we chat with Nicole Martin, a 3rd/4th grade math teacher in Las Vegas Nevada. Nicole was struggling with how to structure her math lessons in a way that is engaging yet meaningful when she has so many great resources she’s found online. Nicole shares with us how after finding so many great math resources online such as 3 act math tasks, estimation 180 and more, she struggles to organize her math block to include these resources with intentionality on an ongoing basis. Listen in as we hear Nicole’s story and the tips we give her to try out in her classroom.
- How to structure your 70 min math block to teach through problem solving.
- How we can maximize learning opportunities with online resources.
- How to differentiate problem-solving tasks to meet the needs of all students - especially your high flyers.
Show notes can be found at http://makemathmoments.com/episode5
Be sure to hit SUBSCRIBE and take a moment to rate / review the podcast!
- Episode 5 Show Notes
- Classroom Clock
- Estimation 180
- Steve Wybourney’s Splat, Esti-mysteries, Hundred Chart
- Engage NY / Eureka Math / Zurn
- Build Math Minds
- 3 Act Math Task - The 3 Acts of a Mathematical Story
- Number Talks (book) Sherry Perrish
- Minilessons - Cathy Fosnot
- Open Questions - Marian Small
- Teaching Through Task - Kyle Pearce
- 5 Practices For Orchestrating Productive Mathematical Discussions (book)
- File Cabinet Problem - Andrew’s Stadel
- Real World Problems - Robert Kaplinsky
- Visible Random Grouping Cards - Jon Orr
Listen in as we dive into Session #5!