Manage episode 225024691 series 2471185
In episode 7, Kyle Pearce and Jon Orr talk with Making Math Moments That Matter online workshop participant, Sarah-Jane Wells about realizing her personal privilege has affected her teaching habits, how she’s been working on Sparking curiosity consistently to get kids engaged and keep them on task… and a BIG can of worms was opened when the conversation moved into assessment, evaluation and the role of descriptive feedback.
Show notes page http://makemathmoments.com/episode7
- How to realize your own privilege and how that affects the classroom.
- How to teach your students meaningfully during the last block of the school day when students are wrangy!
- How we can effectively use assessment to further the learning of our students.
- How Many Chip Bags Will There Be? - Robert Kaplinsky
- Sparking Curiosity Task Search Engine
- Standards Based Grading Gamified With Badges - A post on assessment with standard based grading
- Conall’s Assessment Story - A glimpse of using Freshgrade to capture evidence of learning
Episode Sponsor & Special Offer:
Wipebook Flip Charts - Teacher Starter Pack 25% Discount
Canadian Link: http://mathmoments.wipebook.ca
US / Worldwide Link: http://mathmoments.wipebook.com