Manage episode 244603208 series 2520412
This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is in two parts.
Part one (Kiyan Sobhani, Mike Goodman)
- What is the StatsBomb conference?
- What is the 'right pass' in football from any given part of the pitch
- Statistically, the best way to score a goal
- Defensive setups -- how to break down low blocks
- New metric: 'expected threat'
- The eye-test / stats debate, and Kevin Durant logging on to Twitter to talk about 'feel'
- Valuing the art of pressing
- Where does Real Madrid rank among the best pressing teams?
- Fatigue and its correlation with press
- And more
Part two (Kiyan Sobhani, Lucas Navarette)
- Clasico updates
- From a footballing perspective, is it better for Real Madrid to play this game in October or December?
- How worried should we be about Eden Hazard
- Dani Ceballos's development
- The "Ronaldo effect" and how to replace it
- What's the starting XI if everyone is healthy and available (including the loanees)
- Decisions decisions -- so many this summer
- Where does Zidane see James and Isco if everyone is healthy?
- Chances of winning the league
- Jovic and Mariano playing time
- Links with these midfielders: Fabian Ruiz, Christian Eriksen, Donny van de Beek
- Should we be looking at these names or promoting from within
- What is Martin Odegaard's best role? Kiyan spoke with one of Odegaard's coaches about this
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices