Manage episode 201158734 series 2095318
Amanda Goodfried. I love this woman. I’ll explain more about it in the episode, but four years ago when I was just starting out in the food blogging world, Amanda took a chance on me that helped me out in a big, big way. Amanda is the editor of Cameron Diaz’s website, The Body Book and five years ago she started building it from the ground up. In this episode, we talk about her VERY INSPIRING backstory – from creating the first of its kind YouTube television shows called Lonelygirl15, how the global success of it revolutionized digital content and eventually inspired her and her husband to start their own online entertainment company called EQAL, employing over 80 people and creating digital content for celebrities like Alicia Silverstone, Lauren Conrad, Tori Spelling, Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez along with many YouTubers. We talk about why she left the company, how she eventually met Cameron Diaz and started running the online Body Book platforms for her and lessons that she’s learned from the wellness world since working in this space. We also talk about motherhood and postpartum depression – a topic that I believe needs to be openly talked about a lot more often than it is.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS....
- how Amanda (along with her husband and business partners) created lonelygirl15, the first of its kind television show on YouTube, that would go onto completely transform the space of digital media
- the company they built from the success of lonelygirl15
- why she decided to leave her company after becoming a mom
- her experience working for Disney on YouTube
- what happened after Amanda and her husband sold their company
- how Amanda started working with Cameron Diaz and building The Body Book from the ground up
- how the Body Book stands apart from other wellness websites
- #honestmotherhood postpartum realities
- postpartum depression and how she overcame it
- advice Amanda has as a social media expert on how to stand apart from the crowd
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 49 mins duration .