Manage episode 282321068 series 2092702
We’re back! After a two-week hiatus, the Market Proof Marketing team is making up for it with an information-packed episode! This week we’re introducing two new members of the Do You Convert team, plus Mike Lyon and Jen Barkan drop by to discuss what to expect from online sales in 2021 and beyond. (BTW, did you hear we hit a new milestone in 2020 with 51% online sales contribution rate?? More on that in this episode, too.) So put on those running shoes, or grab a cup of coffee, and settle in for the must-know online sales information of 2021. Happy New Year!
Story Time (18:23)
- Andrew visited Disney over the holiday break and observed the power of consistent communication.
- Kevin gives an update on his custom home build. Plus, what does the term “sales goal” even mean? In 2021, builders need to figure it out and stick to it.
- Sarah is shopping for a new home during a pandemic. Her biggest takeaway? There can never be too much content.
In the News (38:06)
- Apple’s seismic change to the mobile ad industry is drawing near, and it’s rocking the ecosystem (cnbc.com)
- Bold 2021 Predictions: A Stronger Housing Market Across the Board (zillow.com)
- Online Sales Teams Contributed 51% of Home Builder Sales in 2020 (doyouconvert.com)
360 Topic of the Week – Online Sales in 2021 (and Beyond) with Mike Lyon & Jen Barkan (49:47):
Jen and Mike reflect on the highs and lows of 2020 from an online sales perspective, and how leaders and online sales specialists should approach the role in 2021 and beyond. They also discus:
- 2020 made history with 51% online sales contribution (They define what that means according to the DYC ideology)
- What online sales specialists and onsite teams can work toward in 2021
- Have we reached the high-water mark in new home online sales? What’s in store for the future?
- What marketers should consider in 2021 (from an online sales perspective)
- How to prepare for when the market returns to “normal”
- One online sales-related idea to ponder in 2021
Question of the Week (1:37:16)
Last Week: For 2021, how much do you plan to invest with syndication sites as a whole compared to 2020? (Zillow, NewHomeSource, Realtor . com, BuzzBuzzHome, etc?) See answers here.
This Week: What prediction would YOU make for 2021? (related to our industry) Submit your answers here.
Questions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-369-2595 and we’ll address them on the next episode.
More insights, discussions and opportunities in the Market Proof Marketing Facebook group.
Subscribe on iTunes —> https://now.doyouconvert.com/mpm-itunes
Follow on Spotify —> https://now.doyouconvert.com/mpm-spotify
Subscribe on Google Play —> https://now.doyouconvert.com/mpm-gplay
Listen on Stitcher —> https://now.doyouconvert.com/mpm-stitcher
A weekly new home marketing podcast for home builders and developers. Each week Kevin Oakley, Andrew Peek, and others from Do You Convert will break down the headlines, share best-practices and stories from the front line, and perform a deep dive on a relevant marketing topic. We’re here to help you – not to sell you!