Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
Exactly What to Say to Sell Your Service (and How to Answer ‘How Much?’ Question) with Phil M. Jones | #61
Manage episode 212137694 series 1932055
Ep #61: By asking the right questions and knowing what exactly to say you can win a deal. Lead the dialogue the way that people would want to buy from you. You also will be surprised that some words can ruin your conversation completely and as a result you lose a client.
In this episode, Phil M. Jones shares tips on exactly what to say to sell your service and how to answer the common ‘How much’ question.
Phil has made it his life’s work to demystify the sales process, reframe what it means to “sell” and help his audiences to learn new skills that empower confidence, overcome fears and instantaneously impact bottom line results.
Author of five international best-selling books, and the youngest ever winner of coveted “British Excellence in Sales and Marketing Award”, Phil is currently one of the most in-demand assets to companies worldwide.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Phil M. Jones
- [01:42] Phil’s first business was cleaning cars in his fifteens which brought him to the point when he made more money than his teachers at that time
- [03:05] How the 2008 recession brought Phil’s retail & real estate businesses to a halt but allowed him to elucidate a common, but key struggle: how to sell and grow existing customers
- [05:00] At the age of 18 Phil become youngest sales manager in the company where he worked that time
- [05:42] People look for a direction that’s why all Phil’s books about exactly ‘what’ and ‘
- [07:15] Why Exactly What to Say book should actually be called Exactly What to Ask and why you need to learn to ask better questions
- [09:13] Why selling is actually more about consulting and understanding
- [10:17] An example of the remodeling contractor’s business positioning which is all about price – and why they’ll never make a sale
- [11:48] What to say when people ask “How much?” question and why you shouldn’t tell the price right away
- [13:18] “How much?” actually means “I think I might be interested in doing business with you.”
- [16:52] Why you can go over your client’s budget – and it’s OK
- [19:11] Your clients want you to talk and recommend, even when you have set prices and descriptions
- [20:43] Why you need to take control of your answers with your potential clients
- [22:34] Exactly what to say and ask when you sell your service and an example of the conversation
- [26:53] The ‘just imagine’ example, that you can use to get results you want from the conversation. People make decisions twice: in their mind, then in reality
- [28:50] How to ask the questions to lead people to get the outcome you want
- [31:19] What you can do right now to improve your communications with the customers
- [34:58] The best incentive for removing powder words from your vocabulary – supporting your biggest competitor
- [35:48] Where to find Phil online
- [36:33] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
73 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 34 mins duration .