Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Become a Digital Nomad and Manage Business Remotely with Anna Rova | #13
Manage episode 195686131 series 1932055
Ep #13: Digital nomads are people who work from anywhere in the world with their laptop, live in different countries, and travel everywhere. It’s an unforgettable experience, but behind of the bright side that you usually see on social media there are work and challenges too.
In this episode, Anna Rova shares how to become a digital nomad and manage business remotely.
Anna Rova is the writer, podcaster, yoga instructor and location independent entrepreneur and the founder of GirlSkill - an online media platform, publication, and podcast empowering women to live a life of freedom, joy, and creativity.
Together with her husband, Anna has traveled the world being on the road full-time writing her personal blog, recording podcast episodes with incredible women for the GirlSkill Podcast, practicing yoga and spreading love and positivity.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:21] About the episode and Anna Rova
- [02:01] Anna explains that she is a digital nomad, runs her own podcast show and is a specialist in online marketing
- [03:38] What a digital nomad is
- [04:22] How did your friends and family react to this major change in your life?
- [06:15] Anna explains her podcast show and how her main focus is on building her business
- [06:58] Where Anna gets her income from
- [07:54] The two main groups of digital nomads
- [08:01] People who call themselves digital nomads travel constantly, are more freelance beginners and are trying out the lifestyle to see if it fits
- [08:30] People who call themselves location independent entrepreneurs are more advanced digital nomads and understand that you cannot travel all the time and grow a business
- [09:39] How Anna manages her business practically
- [10:31] Some of the pros and cons of working as a digital nomad compared to an office
- [11:27] What services you can use to help you manage your business remotely
- [14:09] Anna explains how important Slack, Trello and Google Drive are for managing her business
- [16:36] What Anna’s past year has looked like
- [18:20] Anna describes her usual daily routine
- [21:09] The most common circumstances that you need to keep in mind when you become a digital nomad and how to deal with them
- [25:16] A few difficulties you could face when you switch from your current career to being a digital nomad and how to solve them
- [26:29] How to be prepared for unpredictability
- [27:43] How to deal with the lack of community
- [32:05] Three steps you can start with to become a digital nomad
- [32:21] Envision what type of lifestyle you want and make the transition as smooth as possible
- [35:46] Plan your first destination, budget, and insurance, but don’t over plan
- [37:14] Once you have all of that in mind, just go and do it
- [39:31] Where to find Anna’s podcast and her social media pages
- [40:43] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 33 mins duration .