Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Become A TEDx Speaker as a Creative Entrepreneur with Tamsen Webster | #34
Manage episode 201106966 series 1932055
Ep #34: You probably saw the inspirational videos on YouTube how people present their ideas that become popular. Have you thought about delivering your message there? What is that one thing that you really passionate about that you want to share with others?
If you decide to become a TEDx speaker, you need to get prepared, and I invited a special guest for you today who was involved in organizing TEDx events for four years and knows this industry upside down.
In this episode, Tamsen Webster shares how to become a TEDx speaker as a creative entrepreneur.
Tamsen is an acclaimed keynote speaker, “idea whisperer,” and message strategist.
She combined 20 years in marketing, 13 years as a Weight Watchers leader, and four years as Executive Producer of one of the oldest and one of the largest locally organized TED talk events in the world into a simple structure for understanding, talking about, and creating lasting change.
As a result, she is an in-demand consultant on finding the ideas that move people to action.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Tamsen Webster
- [01:55] Tamsen shares her story of starting as a marketer and turning to the entrepreneur, helping people to build their ideas. That lead her to be the executive producer of TEDx Cambridge
- [03:20] Who can become a TEDx speaker and three things you need to keep in mind for that
- [05:14] You need to have an idea that anybody can adapt
- [07:17] How to find the exciting idea for a TEDx talk
- [11:07] What qualifications should you have to become a TEDx speaker
- [12:49] How to craft and deliver a TEDx talk
- [14:02] How to prepare for the TEDx speech
- [16:39] Your speech should motivate people to action, but it’s not necessary should be motivational or inspirational
- [17:51] How to make an impact on people when you deliver a TEDx talk
- [24:44] How to find a TEDx event that will be a good fit for your idea
- [28:36] How to get a better chance to get accepted for a TEDx talk
- [31:00] The essential things to remember when you structure the talk
- [33:28] Why you should try to become a TEDx speaker even if it’s not that easy
- [36:34] Where to find Tamsen online
- [36:38] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
73 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 34 mins duration .