Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Get Media Coverage for You and Your Business with Melissa Cassera | #26
Manage episode 198304995 series 1932055
Ep #26: Getting the online and offline media coverage can grow your brand tremendously. Media coverage on the smaller publications may help to increase your audience while the more significant media will give you authority and credibility.
In this episode, Melissa Cassera shares how to get media coverage for you and your business.
Melissa is a Los Angeles - based screenwriter and award-winning marketing consultant. She was named one of the nation’s “Top Personal Branding Experts” by The Huffington Post, and her insights have been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox News as well as in Glamour, Redbook, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Melissa Cassera
- [01:33] Melissa’s journey from a PR in pharmaceuticals, to helping small business owners with marketing, to a screenwriter in LA
- [02:50] Where to begin in regards to media coverage
- [02:56] Find out what are the stories within your business and brand
- [04:39] Identify who would be an appropriate outlet for you
- [05:47] Difference between online and offline media
- [06:23] How being featured with known media outlets give credibility to your brand
- [07:42] What you should expect in regards to direct traffic from media coverage
- [08:53] A significant advantage of online press
- [10:10] Why Melissa recommends a combination of media types
- [12:16] How to get into contact with a media outlet
- [14:48] Mistakes to avoid when pitching and making contact with media outlets in such a competitive industry
- [16:48] What to do if the media publication doesn’t respond and how to write an engaging follow-up email
- [18:32] The two types of no and what to do about them
- [20:31] How to make sure this strategy is right for you
- [23:06] How to use your media coverage to your advantage regarding credibility and popularity
- [24:01] How to use hyperlinks in a creative way
- [25:43] Melissa’s top tip when starting this strategy: do your research
- [26:52] Why a PR strategy with media relations takes a longer time to establish and initiate
- [29:22] Where to find Melissa on the Internet
- [29:44] And especially for coffee lovers :)
- [30:21] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
73 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 34 mins duration .