Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Handle Difficult Situations in Business and Increase Your Credibility with Melissa Agnes | #54
Manage episode 206980266 series 1932055
Ep #54: Working on your own is always challenging. You never know what can happen. From the small things such as when clients cancel the appointment or you got sick and out of the business for some time to the really big problems.
In this episode, Melissa Agnes shares how to handle difficult situations in business and increase your credibility.
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. She is a coveted speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today's leading organizations faced with the greatest risks.
Melissa is the editor of the Crisis Ready Blog, a contributor to Forbes, and a go-to source for the press, with recent coverage including the Wall Street Journal, VIBE Magazine, USA Today, and many others.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Melissa Agnes
- [01:54] Melissa shares how she started as a brand strategist but was digging more into the crisis management
- [03:41] How her real estate client called her telling that the radio was reporting that their building is about to explode and how it ended up
- [05:00] Melissa started her crisis management career with blogging 5 days a week
- [06:33] Being crisis ready means don’t let things go out of your control in the critique situation
- [07:58] The difficulties that Melissa faced when she started her new career
- [09:44] No matter the size of your business there are the situations that you better be ready
- [11:56] One of the crises that we may get to as entrepreneurs is a luck of our own ability to work
- [13:34] Be ready to the situation if your salesperson leaves the team
- [16:07] To get ready to the difficult situations ask yourself the questions: What can happen? And what would you do in those situations?
- [18:24] How to use difficult situations to increase your authority and credibility
- [22:11] Understand what people are matter for your business. If something could happen how could you maintain those relationships?
- [24:03] To be ready for difficult situations understand what the risk is and on whom
- [24:40] The definition of the crisis
- [25:23] What the issue is and what the difference between an issue and the crisis is
- [26:36] How to be crisis-ready
- [28:17] Where to find Melissa online
- [29:00] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
85 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 36 mins duration .