Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Network to Get More Business Opportunities with Sandy Jones-Kaminski | #5
Manage episode 195686139 series 1932055
Ep #5: When you meet new people some of them can become your clients, some may become your partners or some can refer you to others, and so on. You deal with people every day. But no matter how much you love people, there is no time for everyone, and you need to be strategic in networking and building your relationship that will open up more opportunities for your business.
In this episode, Sandy Jones-Kaminski shares how to network to get more business opportunities.
She is the Chief Connecting Officer of Bella Domain Media, the author of LinkedIn Savvy for Small Business and a #1 Inc.com book, “I’m at a Networking Event–Now What???: A Guide to Making the Most Out of Any Networking Event.”
Sandy has been helping professionals, and business owners maximize in-person networking, LinkedIn, and other social media as marketing levers to generate more leads, visibility, and connections for years and is known for her energetic, engaging, and authentic webinars and in-person presentations.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Sandy Jones-Kaminski
- [02:22] Sandy shares her background story and how it led her to become a networking expert
- [04:55] How to network effectively and create more business opportunities
- [06:52] Be a networking farmer instead of a hunter
- [10:34] Networking as a form of marketing and you being the face of your business
- [13:52] How to talk and introduce ourselves at marketing events
- [16:30] How to turn around your nervousness to introduce what you do into a memorable moment
- [19:10] Ask a different question, getting a different response
- [22:19] How to move the relationship forward with mutual benefit
- [25:43] What about people who have a spark with someone but don’t know how to follow up without seeming pushy?
- [28:02] How to choose who to network with at a large event
- [29:26] It’s not about the quantity of connections but the quality of them
- [33:27] A smart tip about increasing your chances of business connections
- [37:08] The three steps you can begin with to get more business opportunities
- [38:42] Using LinkedIn as a tool for long-lasting communication
- [39:21] How to ask questions and listen instead of endlessly talk
- [41:18] Where to find Sandy
- [42:24] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 35 mins duration .