Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Partner with Local Businesses to Cross Promote Your Business with Pamela Slim | #35
Manage episode 201381138 series 1932055
Ep #35: There are people and other businesses who already work with your audience. You can multiply your marketing effort by collaborating with them, cross promote your services, organize events together.
Today we will talk about how you can find local businesses to partner with, how to approach them and how to build the network and relationship where you will work with each other for a long time.
In this episode, Pamela Slim shares how to partner with local businesses to cross promote your business.
Pamela is an award-winning author, speaker, and business consultant who has been an entrepreneur for twenty years.
In the last 13 years, she helped hundreds of people to start and grow successful businesses. She built a powerful online presence at Escape from Cubicle Nation, a site designed for corporate employees who wanted to make the shift to entrepreneur.
At Escape, Pam developed and taught business building courses for thousands of entrepreneurs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Pamela Slim
- [01:50] Pam shares how after leaving her full-time job people started reaching her out for teaching them how it is to be an entrepreneur
- [03:59] What to start with if you want to partner with local businesses
- [06:08] How to find the right business to partner with
- [06:51] Why it’s a bad idea to partner with people who have a different business approach
- [07:55] You make want to have a better salesperson on your team, but not always will like to partner with the hardcore selling person
- [09:27] How to connect with people who you want to partner with
- [10:23] How to build the relationship with a local business
- [11:55] What to do if you partner with someone, finished your part of the collaboration, but another person doesn’t want to do their job
- [14:53] How to collaborate with businesses instead of competing
- [17:02] Pam’s experience of collaboration with the same business
- [18:47] The ways to partner with local businesses
- [20:59] How Pam partnered with events and local retreats
- [22:09] How to maintain the partnership community so you can constantly help each other
- [24:13] The difference for Pam in having the small and large groups of people for collaboration
- [25:47] What Pam’s networking events focused on
- [26:10] The important steps that will help you to partner with local businesses
- [28:12] Where to find Pam online
- [28:35] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
73 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 34 mins duration .