Marketing for Creatives Show | Marketing Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
How to Publish a Book Even If You Are Not a Writer with James Woosley | #7
Manage episode 195686137 series 1932055
Ep #7: Having a paper book gives a credibility to the person, you become an authority in people’s eyes. And for many people publishing a book was a huge jump in their career. But it always seems complicated and takes a long time.
In this episode, we will talk to James Woosley about how to publish a book even if you are not a writer.
And as this episode is part of the Marketing on a Budget series we will also talk about how you can publish a book without spending a lot of money.
James is a significant influencer and strategic planner who communicates the potential he sees so that it can be realized. As a project manager, coach, and consultant, he helps people and organizations move ideas from the dreaming and planning stages to full implementation.
There was a time when James wanted to make his first book as real as any book published by a major company, and he did it. It turned out to the self-publishing company where he helps other people to publish their books.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and James Woosley
- [02:49] James shares how diversity of his experience brought him to the strategic planning and writing his first book
- [04:06] How writing a book benefits you and your business
- [05:43] James started to get more clients, getting on interviews and it turned to a new business
- [06:31] Who can write a book
- [07:35] What to do if you are not a natural writer
- [09:10] How to choose what to write about if you have many ideas and knowledge
- [10:01] If you write a cookbook, but talk about different things your audience won’t be interested in buying your book
- [10:08] What's the process of writing a book?
- [11:38] James shares how he wrote his first book
- [12:46] What to start writing a book from?
- [14:28] How to finish a book faster, but still keep it effective?
- [15:47] Chunk your process so you can see the progress on your calendar
- [16:39] How James had his ups and downs in his writing
- [17:39] What to do when you finished writing your book and ready to publish it
- [18:02] The choice between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- [19:29] Should you do everything by yourself or invest in the book?
- [20:14] Finding the balance between quality of writing and presentation of the book. James talks about J.K. Rowling as an example
- [22:13] How much it costs to publish your first book and how to do it at a low-cost
- [25:25] If you’re really on a budget - start with the ebook
- [27:34] Get your book published on Amazon
- [28:06] Are you spending so much time developing your book vs. creating content and serving your customers? Outsource things that aren’t core of your business
- [29:40] What are 3 steps you can do to start writing and get ready for publishing your first book
- [31:15] Even 20-30 minutes a day will make the difference
- [32:42] Where to find James
- [34:34] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch:
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 33 mins duration .