Manage episode 244690363 series 1203992
In episode #1175, we talk about why MoviePass failed. Most of us remember MoviePass from a while back, a service that promised something that seemed too good to be true. Well, it turns out that it was a bit too good to be true and we unpack what contributed to its demise. So tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why MoviePass Failed as a Business.
- [00:30] What was MoviePass? Do you remember it?
- [01:08] What we can learn from their business model.
- [02:41] Going for sustainability over initially undercutting competition.
- [03:01] The example of WeWork and high costs against income .
- [04:01] Reliable operators as the foundation of successful business.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:41] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: