Manage episode 223208493 series 2465384
Matthew Trifiro is the CMO of Vapor IO. As a multi-time CMO and CEO, Matt has a long track record helping companies achieve exponential growth.
On this episode, Matt discusses the "dirty secret" of launch products, the best advice for a new CMO, and why he thinks press releases are useless.
6:30 - The most important skill for any marketer.
21:30 - The biggest myth about creating the iPhone.
25:28 - Figuring out what you are "the best and only" at.
39:00 - How PR and thought leadership change from B2B to B2C.
42:15 - Why press releases are useless.
55:05 - What Matt has learned about effective branding.
57:30 - Creating effective anchor content.
01:10:10 - Matt's best advice for a new CMO.
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.
To learn more or subscribe to our weekly newsletter, visit MarketingTrends.com.
1. The Atari ST Owners Manual Matt wrote.
2. The Reptilian video game Matt wrote.
3. The Swindled podcast (answer to lightning round Q).
4. Bloomberg entry for Wink Communications, early interactive TV company co-founded by Matt where he created the category of "enhanced broadcasting."
5. The original Positioning by Al Ries and Jack Trout.
6. The white/pink tuna story at Snopes.com. As suspected, it's apocryphal and has many versions, but it's still a great story.
9. Ogilvy's The Man in the Hathaway Shirt
33 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 37 mins duration .