Manage episode 233877839 series 2425497
On this episode of the podcast we talked with Dr. Ricci Karkula-Warnock. Dr. Karkula-Warnock is the veterinary reproduction specialist at Elgin Veterinary Hospital in Elgin, Texas. She has helped us with all of our equine reproduction needs for the last few years and I don’t know where we’d be without her. In this episode, we cover a lot about breeding. We discuss a full plan from having an open mare, to breeding that mare, what goes on during gestation, and what to do post-foaling. We talk about embryo transfers, ICSI, and many other aspects of equine reproduction. This is a conversation that anyone who has even a small breeding program can learn from. Hope y’all enjoy it! Thanks for listening!
Life is short. Ride a Unicorn.
Also, be sure to go and FOLLOW our Socials!
Show Partner Info:
- 3rd Rock Essentials:
- Use checkout code “MWH” to get 20% off all your 3rd Rock Essentials products!
- Common ingredients found in many personal products you use every day can be harmful. These include endocrine disruptors, parabens and petroleum. 3rd Rock products completely avoid these toxins and use only natural, food-grade ingredients to provide the most effective results. All 3rd Rock products are manufactured and packaged in the USA and are never tested on animals.
- Ashland, NE: May 24-26, 2019
- Vaughn, Montana: June 14-16, 2019
- Hood River, Oregon: July 19-21, 2019
- Ignacio, Colorado: August 2-4, 2019
- Elkmont, Alabama: September 13-15, 2019
- Wichita Falls, Texas: October 25-27, 2019
88 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 96 mins duration .