Manage episode 233929388 series 2425497
This episode is with Dr. Jim Chiapetta. Dr. Chiapetta is both a veterinarian AND an attorney. He’s dabbled in many things in the medical field, both in humans and horses. He is one of the creators and principles of Flair Equine Nasal Strips. In this conversation, amongst other things, we go DEEP into the science of respiratory wellness. We discuss Exercise Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhaging (EIPH or “Bleeding”), the factors the cause it, and preventative measures taken to help alleviate this issue that ALL performance horses will likely deal with at some point in their life and performance careers. This one was interesting and has many great nuggets of information in it that you may need to listen to more than once to get. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we enjoyed talking to him! Thanks for hanging out with us!
Life is short. Ride a Unicorn.
Also, be sure to go and FOLLOW our Socials!
Show Partner Info:
- KAHM CBD: Use promo code ”MWH” at checkout to get 10% off your entire order of human, equine, and pet CBD products at KahmCBD.com! We use this on ALL of our horses. All of our pets. And maybe MOST importantly, ALL of our HUMANS! Check them out TODAY!
- FLAIR EQUINE NASAL STRIPS: Use Checkout Code: “SUPERSTAR” to get $10 Off Online Orders of $60 or more. Developed by veterinarians, FLAIR® Strips are drug-free, self-adhesive nasal strips that promote optimum health of equine athletes, in all disciplines and every level of competition. The Strips gently support the soft tissues over the nasal passages (the narrowest part of the upper airway) and reduce airway resistance and improve airflow when your horse needs oxygen most.
- Ashland, NE: May 24-26, 2019
- Hood River, Oregon: July 19-21, 2019
- Ignacio, Colorado: August 2-4, 2019
- Elkmont, Alabama: September 13-15, 2019
- Wichita Falls, Texas: October 25-27, 2019