Manage episode 264645150 series 1452209
Jamie King is a producer, mixing and mastering engineer who’s production style has helped to define some of the biggest prog-metal bands of today. Having worked with artists like Between The Buried And Me and the Contortionist, Jamie has firmly established his footprint in the genre.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Working with programmed drums vs. real ones
- Working on arrangements with panning mind
- How to market your music as a prog band
- How simplifying your setup can lead to better recordings
- Recording tight guitars
- Jamie’s secret weapon for shaping guitar tones
- Using automation to get separation between parts
- Controlling low end when working with double kick/blast beats
To learn more about Jamie, visit: https://www.jamiekingaudio.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!