Manage episode 265065323 series 2540552
Mort Fertel is a leading authority on the psychology of relationships with a global reputation for saving marriages. He’s the creator of Marriage Fitness, a relationship renewal system that has saved millions of couples from marital crisis. Mort is also the author of the book Marriage Fitness: 4 Steps to Building & Maintaining Phenomenal Love and has been a featured expert on ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. Mort is here today to share his proven strategies for creating a fulfilling, successful relationship.
Join us as we talk with Mort for 30 minutes of rubber meets the road, real-world, effective marriage wisdom. No kidding! Mort brings out the big guns early, and if you listen carefully, and are committed to creating something incredible in your relationship, you will walk away knowing there is a clear path to get there.
“It’s not about finding the right person, it’s about learning to love the person you found.” –Mort Fertel
Today on Mastering Midlife:
- How challenges in his own marriage led him and his wife to “less than effective,” resources and moved him to create a program that works.
- Old models focus on fixing things that are “wrong,” which doesn’t work.
- When we focus on making “new things right,” relationships transform.
- The problem with many marriages is the parties involved don’t actually want to commit, so they focus on the problems and disagreements.
- They call it “falling in love,” it doesn’t take any skill. The skills are needed when the infatuation fades.
- The divorce rate in first marriages is 50%. Second Marriages 70%, Third/80%. What do these marriages have in common?
- How a thriving, successful marriage supports your professional life.
Connect with Bart:
Marriage Fitness with Mort Fertel Website
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has helped me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.