Manage episode 150674065 series 1003236
This week’s episode is brought you you by…
Stash-A Place For Yarn is located on The 600 Block in the Central Arts District of downtown St Pete. Stash is nestled among an eclectic array of boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. It is the place for luxury yarns, classes and connecting with other fiber lovers. Paty Lyon’s will be teaching several classes in Dec. Year end clearance is coming between Christmas and New Year’s both online and in the shop! Check out the website at stashstpete.com.
Main Street Gallery is a local art and craft studio and offers a variety of services for individuals and businesses including custom screen printing, vinyl decals, graphic design, t shirts, custom artwork, murals and much more. Main Street Gallery carries products from local artists and crafters including hand knitted items and cigar box guitars.
This week’s segments include Master Status, Master Plan, In our Hands, Masterpieces,Craft with us, Study Hall, Simply Selfie, Raise your hand, and Comfort Zone.
Master Status: (2:42)
Alicia has been taking a look at the gauge worksheets and lining up resources.
Natalie organized notes for my blocking essay and have been working on the colorwork swatch. Natalie mentions difficulty with the colorwork swatch
Master Plan: (5:08)
Natalie plans on knitting more swatches and questions.
Alicia plans to knock out the rest of the swatches.
In our hands: (6:53)
- Reyna by Noora Laivola with Bohemia Fibers Barefoot Bohemian Sock in Penny for Your Thoughts colory. A hand dyed yarn from the AMC series of The Walking Dead.
- Simple striped hat of my own design using some knitpicks Swish DK
- Bell, the Garden Elf by Ala Ela using knitpicks Wool of the Andes Sport for Maria’s Kindness elf
- (on hold) Uncle's Christmas Stocking by Dorene Delaney Giordano using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Sport in white and Amethyst Heather.
- Working on some coffe cup cozies
- Pom Pom Peds by Purl SoHo in Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in Wellies Heather.
- Sock Recipe: A Good Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl McPhee in Twist Sock from Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns in Rainbow colorway. 80% merino, 20% Nylon
- Carmen’s Wonder Woman costume!
- Top down sock using the fish lips kiss heel in Mint Rain Hand Dyed Self Striping Twist Sock in her Great Pumpkin colorway.
- Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure using Knitpicks Hawthorne Fingering in the Blackbird colorway.
- Warm Ribbed Winter Hat by Lucy H. Lee using Knitpicks Comfy Worsted in Peapod colorway
- Galahad Scarf by Kerry Robb in Knitpicks Swish Worsted in the Hollyberry colorway.
- Crackerjack by Stacey Simpson Duke using Knitpicks Swish DK in White, Honey, Dusk, Twilight
Craft with Us (32:14):
ElvesWorkshopalong: A craft along where we are encouraging our listeners to start crafting early for the holidays so they can relax and enjoy the season.
To view details about how to enter, visit the thread on ravelry here.
The knitmore girls have piggybacked onto this and are doing the Grinchbombalong.
Please check out and support these sponsors who have been gracious enough to donate to our Elvesworkshopalong.
Rainstorm Studios Etsy - Closed Sept 3rd through Sept 8th and will open with a new update. Use code: ELVES2015 for 15% off through November 30, 2015
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns: ELVESWORKSHOP 15% until nov
Sew for Ewe on etsy masteringtheknits15 for 10% off to run from sept 1- nov 30th
Erin.lane bags ELVES15. FOR 15% the entire shop
KnittyKittybags on Etsy elves2015. 20% and active until 12/1/2015.
Stash-A Place for Yarn: FiberSeed10. 2 10$ giftcards are the prizes.
The Unique Sheep - a cute children’s book with patterns that we will be reviewing. The story of the Unique Sheep. We will be reviewing this book in a future episode too.
Marianne - Jamberry Consultant - new catalog out!
Bohemia Fibers- 2 skeins… 2 for you or if you want to be generous, you can give to a friend
KnittingDaddy has donated a copy of his pattern Scrappy Sock yarn
New one this week: k8terpillar
Study Hall: (37:40)
Natalie taught a class yesterday and now taking a break until Jan.
Alicia has been teaching a beginner Knitting 101 series will finish up tomorrow. Classes start back up in January.
Alicia mentions Zenni Optical, hosting family get togethers and closing chapter of Project Linus.
Natalie talks about Halloween at their house, house decorating, birthday parties, work, and Thanksgiving
Alicia shares Purls of Wisdom from ten year olds.
Natalie is enjoying her nativities.
Thank you for joining us for episode 20 of Mastering the Knits.We’d like to thank our sponsors Stash a place for Yarn and Main Street Gallery and also all our SantaSponsors who have donated to the ElvesWorkshopalong. You can find shownotes at masteringtheknitspodcast.com or on our ravelry group Mastering the Knits Podcast. You can email us at email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter @MtKnitsPodcast and Instragram as Mastering_the_knits_podcast. I am knottyknitter17 and Natalie is barknknit on Twitter, Instragram, and Ravelry.
41 episodes available. A new episode about every 45 days averaging 47 mins duration .