Manage episode 174384323 series 1402106
Guest and intro
We invited Fryda Wolff, recently announced as the voice of Sara Ryder - one of the two protagonists in Mass Effect: Andromeda - to the show. We talk about voice acting, working with Bioware and what we hope for in the future of Mass Effect.
What we've been up to
- Netflix show: Meron (Mark Meron)
- Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking
- Heroes of the Storm
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
- Atelier (Netflix)
- Chewing Gum (Netflix)
- Crazyhead (Netflix)
- Limetown podcast
Interview/discussion with Fryda (00:26:00)
- The voice acting/voice over process/ day in the life of a VA
- Favourite/least favourite aspects of voice acting
- SAG-AFTRA rates (union vs non-union)
- Video game acting vs commercials/other industries
- SAG-AFTRA and the VA strike
- Will game devs ever unionize?
- (1:04:00) Sound design & first experiences in the games industry
- (1:13:00) Why do we hear the same VAs everywhere?
- (1:19:00) The experience of working with Bioware for Mass Effect and
- (1:29:30) Do VAs ever get to act with other VAs together?
- (1:36:00) Were you a fan of Mass Effect before being cast as Ryder?
- (1:38:00) Playing as yourself in a game and learning from it
- (1:44:00) What are you hoping to see or hear from fans?
- (1:54:00) Being online 24/7 and keeping your health intact
- (2:02:00) Creating the brother/sister dynamic in Mass Effect
- (2:11:00) How does the ME universe stack up against other roles you've taken on? What are you hopes for the series going forward?
- (2:19:00) Any franchises you'd like to work with in the future?
- (2:22:00) Favourite voice actor or mentor?
- (2:30:00) What information were you given when you started working with Bioware?
- (2:34:00) What was it like working with Octodad? In your professional opinion, is he the dadliest catch?
- (2:36:00) Final comments to fans looking forward to playing
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Music: Vivacity by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 87 mins duration .