Manage episode 233928091 series 1537292
Pat Brown founded Impossible Foods with a mission to replace animals as a food production technology. Here, he discusses the ways microbial engineering helps produce the plant hemoglobin that provides the Impossible Burger’s meaty qualities.
Links for this episode:
- Take the MTM listener survey(~3 min.)
- The Microbial Reasons Why the Impossible Tastes So Good
- Impossible Foods
- The Conversation: What Makes the Impossible Burger Look and Taste Like Real Beef?
- Wired:The Impossible Burger: Inside the Strange Science of the Fake Meat that ‘Bleeds’
- HOM Tidbit: Mendel’s letters to von Nägeli
- HOM Tidbit:The Mendel-Nägeli Letters, circa 1866-73 (Scientific American)