Manage episode 214433500 series 1919419
(click to tweet)
Are you working for a company or for a person?
This question is more important today than ever before. The current landscape calls for businesses and products that are lead by people. Social media is structured to serve the person at the forefront of the company, the voice of the product, and the brains behind the business.
That’s why on today’s episode of The MentorBox Podcast, we are joined Dorie Clark to discuss reinventing ourselves. Dorie is a speaker, marketing consultant, and author of three books (most recently, Entrepreneurial You.) She teaches, writes, and speaks on branding, marketing strategy, executive leadership, income diversification, networking, and much more. Her clients include Google, Sony, and Boeing; and her writing has been featured in Inc., The New York Times, and many more.
Listen to today’s episode to hear Dorie’s story, and how we can use it as a framework for our own path to success.
You can learn more about Dorie Clark’s here“I had an amorphous desire to write a book of some kind without necessarily knowing what my ultimate area of expertise would be.” - Dorie Clark
(click to tweet)Points to Keep In Mind
- It is important that individuals see themselves as individuals, even inside bigger systems
- Let the market choose your position instead of trying to find it on your own
- Take yourself out of the story to see the truth of the situation
- Read Cultural Literacy by E.D. Hirsch
- Try to be both a recognized thought leader and have multiple streams of income
- Double-down on the content that is getting a response
123 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 28 mins duration .