Manage episode 152226682 series 1053854
1. Do you offer gutters?
Unfortunately, this is one area where builders are cutting costs.
2. What are the grass and sprinkler systems like?
3. How many plugs are there and where do they go?
You want to make sure that your outlets are in the rooms and areas of your home that you want them to be in before you install them.
4. Are bedroom lights included?
5. Is there a humidifier included on the furnace?
6. Is there a gas line for your dryer?
7. Are appliances, like a refrigerator, included?
8. Who pays the transfer tax?
In Michigan, this can often run thousands of dollars. Some builders will try to pass this on to the seller, but it's really a seller-mandated thing.
9. What does the HOA charge for a new person?
Sometimes, a HOA join fee can be as much as $1,100 if you are moving into a new area.
Hopefully this series has been helpful to you. If you have any questions for us or are looking to buy or sell in the area, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to speaking with you!