Manage episode 279220496 series 1320201
Azure Synapse is now generally available. Check out the updates with the release and a first look at additional capabilities coming soon. If you're new to Azure Synapse, it's Microsoft's limitless analytics platform that brings together enterprise data warehousing and big data processing into a single managed environment with no systems integration required. John Macintyre, engineering lead for Azure Synapse, joins host Jeremy Chapman to provide details on the newest updates, and walk through how a grocery retailer might use new capabilities in Synapse to plan inventory levels.
Preview capabilities in the Synapse workspace now ready for production workloads:
• Azure Synapse Link, the first cloud-native HTAP solution.
• SQL Serverless, now generally available.
• For analytics with Spark, we've built performance optimizations for our implementation of Apache spark.
New capabilities, formerly in preview, are now available and fully supported:
• New knowledge center gives you pipeline templates to bring data in sample scripts for analytics, automation, and notebooks.
• Bring data into Synapse for advanced analytics and to enrich that data in code-free ways and apply your Azure machine-learning models.
Added for data admins:
• Connect to your data and storage securely through managed private endpoints.
• You no longer have to manage subnets, worry about IP ranges, or configure private endpoints. You don't need deep networking knowledge.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
00:46 - Preview capabilities now ready for production workloads
02:07 - New capabilities that are available and fully supported
02:55 - Updates added for data admins
04:15 - Demo: How a Grocery retailer might use new capabilities in Synapse
08:59 - Demo: How to bring in historical data
10:28 - Demo: How to perform predictive analytics for yourself
12:48 - Demo: How to push it all into production
13:24 - Closing notes
► Link References:
Sign up for a trial, or create your first Synapse workspace at https://aka.ms/GetSynapse
Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics? We are Microsoft’s official video series for IT. You can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at #Microsoft.
Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries?sub_confirmation=1
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/microsoftmechanics/