Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
13: Millennials Hit 40, 'Game of Thrones' spinoffs galore, Businesses Leaving Georgia: The Right Call?
Manage episode 289920104 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- The oldest millennials are turning 40 this year, and we say BRING. IT. ON. BABY. (But maybe keep your shitty hot-take headlines to yourself.)
- The CDC says vaccinated individuals can travel at 'low risk' to themselves - meaning that travel is going to be absolutely bonkers this summer.
- Pam and Laura are already planning a coordinated cringe watching party of 'Selena: The Series' part 2, Andrew is already seeing himself out the door.
- 'Game of Thrones' spinoffs are headed our way by the boatload. Is anyone feeling Westeros fatigue?
- AMC might be bouncing back in the stock market for the first time since r/wallstreetbets beat hedge funds at their own game.... and they have 'Godzilla vs. Kong' to thank.
- RIP Yahoo! Answers. Where will we go now to stress search for answers to all of life's existential questions?
- The trial of Derek Chauvin, the officer responsible for the death of George Floyd, is under way - do we think justice will be served?
- The MLB is pulling this year's All-Star game out of Atlanta due to Georgia's recently passed slew of new voter restrictions. Pam and Laura give you all the inside baseball on Georgia's new voting law, and, well... baseball!
- It's all entertainment in this week's recommendations: 'Rock the Block' on HGTV (Andrew), 'Ted Lasso' on Apple TV+ (Pam), and 'Crash Bandicoot: On The Run!' for iOS and Android (Laura).
- This week's show is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL to get 20% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- An article over at Mic.com suggests that shrinking friend circles during the pandemic may not be such a bad thing.
- What's it like to break up with a friend, or to have one break up with you?
- Will friendships that drifted apart this last year come back together when the world goes back to normal?
- We think about the relationships that have grown stronger over the course of the pandemic for a heartwarming moment.