Matt and Matt. Bond over Bond. Matt Gourley and Matt Mira love James Bond so much they decided to make a podcast about it. Each episode they invite a guest to dive deep into one movie from the greatest film franchise known to man. Looking for the archives? All episodes older than 6 months can be found exclusively on Stitcher Premium, ad-free. Go to stitcher.com/premium and use promo code BONDING for 1 month free (and $5 off the annual plan!).
Manage episode 282773246 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
The second week of 2021 wasn't... as bad? Maybe?
- The Bumble scandal: Andrew believes his photo was stolen to make an imposter account. (Little does he know...)
- CELEBRATE: your federal student loans will not go into repayment at the end of the month!
- What's in Biden's $1.9 trillion covid relief package? We go over the deets, and Laura complains about the Democratic infighting already happening.
- Not content with the amount of whataboutism that's happened so far this year, Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) compared inflammatory comments by Robert De Niro, Kathy Griffin, and Madonna to the actual armed insurrection perpetuated by Trumpian, white supremacist terrorists.
- WTF News makes its 2021 debut: the Trump admin lied about having vaccines in reserve, taxpayers have been paying $3,000 a month for Javanka to refuse use of bathroom facilities to their Secret Service detail, women on Bumble have been conservative catfishing to identify and turn in insurrectionists, and members of Congress may have lead "reconnaissance tours" in the days before the attack on the Capitol.
- Who should become the new, permanent host of Jeopardy? Andrew has opinions.
- We've got some spoiler-free thoughts on the first two episodes of WandaVision - all is not as it seems!
- How could Marvel Studios bring Chris Evans back for more Captain America without it seeming like a cash grab?
- We've got all the entertainment you'll need in this week's recommendations: 'Promising Young Woman' (Andrew), backyard.co (Pam), and Hunt a Killer (Laura).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com, enter code MILL for $100 off your first month), LoveBook (https://www.lovebookonline.com/MILL for 20% off), and Honey (https://www.joinhoney.com/MILL to join Honey FREE). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- We dive into a new study at Pew Research Center, which looks at the current state of online harassment.
- With most U.S. Americans saying social media companies are doing a poor job moderating bullying on their platforms, what changes do we think might help?
- We share the online harassment we've seen first hand, but also turn the scipt on ourselves: is it possible we've ever bullied someone online?
- Patrons sound off and share their own stories, proving that social media is, indeed, a dumpster fire.