Matt and Matt. Bond over Bond. Matt Gourley and Matt Mira love James Bond so much they decided to make a podcast about it. Each episode they invite a guest to dive deep into one movie from the greatest film franchise known to man. Looking for the archives? All episodes older than 6 months can be found exclusively on Stitcher Premium, ad-free. Go to stitcher.com/premium and use promo code BONDING for 1 month free (and $5 off the annual plan!).
Manage episode 284604174 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Did we all watch the Super Bowl? You know we didn't. But did we have some thirsty moments with those commercials? You know we did. 👀
- Laura prepares to ask Elon Musk if she can pay for a trip to Mars with Dogecoin.
- COVID cases have been steadily trending down - what do we make of this development?
- Trump's second impeachment trial begins TODAY. Are we subjecting ourselves to the political theater?
- Democrats are split on the subject of means testing for the next round of stimulus payments, and we call BS on lowering the qualifying income thresholds.
- Smartmatic has filed a $2.7 billion lawsuit against FOX News for spreading misinformation and lies about the 2020 election outcome.
- Are we surprised that celebrities and the uber wealthy are finding ways to cut the vaccine line?
- Multiple Gamestop stock projects are in the works, including at HBO. Why do we need another show about something we're actively living?
- Olivia Wilde has a "no assholes" policy as a director, which appears to have led to the firing of Shia Lebouf last fall. What other toxic workplace trends can Hollywood work to create accountability for?
- Some California lawmakers really want Disneyland to reopen, and we have mixed feelings as a panel.
- This week's recommendations will make you feel good: Super Mario 3D World (Andrew), Generation G lipstick by Glossier (Laura), and 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code MILL for $100 off your first month) and EveryPlate (https://www.everyplate.com and enter code MILL199 to get started at $1.99 per meal plus 20% off two weeks). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- We review the New York Times documentary "Framing Britney Spears."
- It's tragic to consider all the mixed signals being sent Britney's way when she was a literal minor, especially considering it doesn't seem she was adequately protected.
- Do we believe Britney wants out of her conservatorship?
- What do we make of the representation of the #FreeBritney movement?