Manage episode 192124892 series 1121616
Get your greens without the mess, Organifi Green Juice. Use code “mindful” at checkout and save 20%. - sponsor
Vitamin B12 helps keep your nervous system and blood cells healthy. Low B12 causes symptoms right away. Tingling of fingers and toes, fatigue, anxiety and depression are common.
Your B12 level may check out on your lab tests. That doesn’t prove that your cells are absorbing the vitamin. It’s a good idea to take a B12 supplement. It’s water soluble so your body can easily eliminate any excess.
Your gut health may need to be improved in order to break down B12 in your digestive tract. A sublingual tablet absorbs directly into your body.
Six Facts About Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- There aren’t many natural B12-rich foods.
- Vegetarians and vegans are at greater risk for B12 deficiency.
- Your body doesn’t store B12 for long.
- B12 helps make your DNA and red blood cells.
- Heavy drinking and long-term use of acid-reduction medications inhibit B12 absorbency.
- We need more B12 as we age but it’s harder for our bodies to absorb.
Get your greens without the mess, Organifi Green Juice. Use code “mindful” at checkout and save 20%.
387 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 11 mins duration .