Manage episode 292658260 series 2641878
In this episode of Minds & Mics, I talk with Martin Reed, a health coach who specializes in helping clients with insomnia and sleep issues.
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- Martin’s own struggles with insomnia and how they led him to become an insomnia educator and coach
- Coaching vs therapy for insomnia and sleep issues
- The dangers of insomnia “communities”
- Similarities in what causes insomnia
- What makes a case of insomnia “extreme”?
- Sleep trauma
- The one thing Martin wishes people would do for better sleep health
- Misguided cultural messages around sleep
- The future of sleep health
- Something Martin’s changed his mind about recently about sleep and insomnia
- How Martin deals with occasional bouts of poor sleep
You can learn more about Martin and his work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.