Manage episode 197642339 series 1000998
How do we teach our kids and teenagers about what other religions believe? In this mini-episode, Ann Dunagan shares a brief (9-minute) introduction to Buddhism, from a Christian worldview.
- Here is "Highlights of World Religions" from Teaching With God's Heart for the World, Volume 2, (by Ann Dunagan) with several pages about understanding Buddhism and explaining this religious belief to young people, from a Christian mission-minded perspective.
- Check The Voice of the Martyrs at http://persecution.com for many stories of people who have surrendered to Jesus from a Buddhist upbringing, who are now willing to suffer and be persecuted and even to die for their faith in Jesus.
- Here's our wonderful national missionary friend in Asia, Haran, (who is also a NETS minister with Harvest Ministry) who preaches the Gospel to people from the Buddhist faith, Reach Himalaya Ministries, with many inspiring stories.
- Crosswalk.com -- Share Your Faith with Buddhists
And also, two good books are:
- So What's the Difference? By Fritz Ridenour
- Jesus in a New Age, Dalai Lama World (Defending and Sharing Christ with Buddhists), By M. Tsering