Manage episode 233865746 series 2508132
- Gavin Pickin - Software Consultant for Ortus Solutions
- Andrew Davis - Senior Developer for InLeague LLC
News and Events
Modernize or Die Podcasts
Modernize of Die Podcasts were announced at Into the Box.
- Soapbox edition will be longer more interview based, with community members discussing tools, frameworks, best practices, lessons learned and other big deals in the CFML community
- CFML News edition - this one will be shorter, relaxed, giving you everything you need to know to keep up with the news in the CFML Community, including cool blog posts, tweets and videos, ForgeBox module of the week, and the VS Code Hint Tip and Trick of the week.
- These will be available in itunes very soon, and on the ModernizeOrDie.io website when we roll that out.
- We’re planning to do the CFML Weekly on Tuesdays ( possibly live ) and the Soapbox edition will be released on Thursdays.
Into the Box 2019
It was a huge success.
- 6 well attended workshops the day prior to the main conference
We had approx 70% of the attendees attending or presenting or helping with the workshops.
- 2 Ortus Keynotes since we have so many products, we needed two keynotes, and we still ran over time. These were live streamed, and those who were not at INTO THE BOX enjoyed watching from afar.
- 2 days with 2 tracks, resulting in 28 amazing sessions from 8 Ortus Team Members and 15 community speakers
- We upped our Audio Video game this year, purchasing a lot of new equipment, including a big mixer. Brad was in heaven playing with that. We will be editing the videos as fast as we can, and those will be available for purchase very soon.
- Happy Box was a huge hit as usual, great food, open bar, and the Mariachi band delivered. We had several Ortus and Community members even join the band and sing a few songs. We might have to release a Happy Box video to show off those pipes.
- At HappyBox we even took a little time to sneak in our first episode of the Modernize of Die - CFML News Edition. We live streamed on Twitter and will be releasing the podcast onto iTunes soon,and Youtube as well.
The Adobe ColdFusion team will be traveling around the country, looking to bring rapid application developers together. Register for a breakfast meet near you to interact with the team, enhance your knowledge of Adobe ColdFusion (2018 release) and network with local professionals, all while feasting on a delicious breakfast spread.
- May 8th - Austin Breakfast Meet
- May 9th - Dallas Breakfast Meet
- May 23rd - Orange County Breakfast Meet
Adobe CF Summit
- Las Vegas at the Mirage October 1-2
- Biggest CFML Conference of the Year - 500+ people
- Great Adobe Party
- Register Now - Early bird only $99 - https://cfsummit.adobeevents.com/
- Call for Speakers now open - submit before the 26th of May - https://cfsummit.adobeevents.com/speaker-application/
- ^^I might need to chew on that a while. 🤣
Adobe ColdFusion Specialist Certificate Program
From the CF Summit Website:
The Adobe ColdFusion Specialist is a full-day certificate classroom program, delivered by top Adobe ColdFusion experts. You will be enrolled into the course as soon as you register and will receive course instructions and prep materials two weeks prior to the on-site program date. Following the training you will complete an online assessment – upon successful completion, you will receive your Adobe ColdFusion Specialist certificate.
It has been a long time since the last ColdFusion Certification program, back with ColdFusion 9 I believe.
LocationThe Mirage, Las Vegas3400 S Las Vegas BlvdLas Vegas, Nevada, United States89109
Dates:September 30, 2019 - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMPrice: $399.00
October 17th and 18th in Munich, Freising, Germany.Read more now: https://www.cfcamp.org/ - Tickets not available yet.You can see the great lineup of speakers and sessions from last year on the site now. They will update as the speakers and sessions for this year is finalized.
Call for Speakers is open - https://www.cfcamp.org/call-for-papers.html
Deadline is July 7th
Workshops are usually available the day prior to the conference as well, so give yourself an extra day to participate in Ortus Training, or other great companies like Preside
Blogs, Tweets and Videos of the Week
Blog - Into The Box 2019 (w/slides and code)
Matt Clemente https://blog.mattclemente.com/2019/05/05/into-the-box-2019.html
Blog - Using ArraySome and ArrayEvery Higher-Order Functions in Lucee
Discussed what is a Higher Order Function, what is a Lambda, and how to use a couple of them in Lucee, like the ArraySome and ArrayEvery. Very handy little functions, it will save me writing the same boiler plate everytime for sure.
ForgeBox Module of the Week
Type: CommandBox ModuleLink: https://www.forgebox.io/view/commandbox-cfconfig
Description: A CLI library for importing, exporting, transferring, and otherwise managing CF engine configuration.Install: box install commandbox-cfconfigLast Update: Feb 27 2019 01:18 PM | Downloads: 0 | Installs: 24912 | Views: 6531 | Versions: 69Submitted by Gavin
VS Code Hint Tips and Tricks of the Week
Workflow : Command + P / Ctrl + P for finding files and or function / symbols
It’s great for quickly finding files and even variables or functions in your site, its quick and easy, and once you know about it, your life will be much easier. VS Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★
10 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 27 mins duration .