Manage episode 237707999 series 2198369
I was first introduced to Susan Peterson when I bought a pair of baby moccasins from her Etsy shop years ago – but then, just a few weeks ago, I was watching reruns of Shark Tank with my son when I saw Susan come on the screen to pitch Freshly Picked!
I was amazed to see that the mom I bought those shoes from had grown her Etsy shop into a multi-million dollar brand, helping people all over the world style their babies in a cuter way, and I just had to bring her on the show and talk about that journey!
You Will Hear About:
- [2:30] Creating the first pair of baby moccasins
- [4:40] Wisdom from Susan’s grandma and childhood
- [8:35] Every business has its growing pains
- [10:20] Susan’s Shark Tank experience
- [16:15] Why Freshly Picked had to raise money
- [21:30] “Do what you do best and hire out the rest”
- [25:30] Becoming an effective leader and creating an amazing company culture
- [27:30] The pressure of being a boss babe
- [30:00] Betting on yourself
- [32:00] Social media: you have to use it, don’t let it use you
- [40:10] Where Susan sees herself in five years
- [43:25] Amicably ending business relationships
- Learn more at freshlypicked.com
- The Fringe: freshlypicked.com/pages/join-the-fringe
- Instagram: instagram.com/susan.m.petersen
Are you enjoying the show? I want to know! Click here to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Mommy Millionaire is produced by Podcast Masters
166 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 35 mins duration .