Community Solar: Trends, Models and Case Studies, with Dan Chwastyk, K Kaufmann and Jared Leader from SEPA (Ep.41)
Manage episode 205841794 series 1409393
In this episode we look at the current landscape for community solar, including trends, financing models and case studies. We close with a prediction about the state of community solar five to ten years in the future. My guests are Dan Chwastyk, K Kaufmann and Jared Leader from SEPA, the Smart Electric Power Alliance. Three new reports from SEPA serve as the basis for our discussion.
SEPA's reports referenced in the show:
- Community Solar Program Design Models
- Financing Community-Based Solar Projects: Case Studies From The Field
- Value Stacking in Minster, Ohio
Other references include:
- Coalition for Community Solar Access
- Fremont's Community Solar Farm information sheet
- Virginia's first community solar project earns national award (BARC Electric Co-Op press release)
- Energy Storage Snapshot, with Tanuj Deora and Nick Esch of SEPA (Episode 25)
Recorded May 11, 2018.
Published May 14, 2018.
Sign up for email news and updates from More Power To You.
More Power To You is sponsored by the Energy News Network. With original reporting on clean energy and daily digests of timely aggregated content, the Energy News Network is dedicated to covering America's transition to a clean energy economy. Subscribe for free to its regional services such as Midwest Energy News or Southeast Energy News, or to its national service—US Energy News—at energynews.us.