Manage episode 204710022 series 1409393
In this episode we review the electric vehicle landscape in the Southeast. My guest is Anne Blair, Clean Fuels Director at the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy and one of the driving forces behind Electrify the South. We first discuss the factors affecting EV adoption in Georgia, then cover Florida, North Carolina and other states. Anne also touches on the Volkswagen diesel settlement, the NextCar Pledge, and the relationship of offshore oil drilling to EV adoption.
- Georgia's 2015 HB 170 (Transportation Act of 2015)
- City of Atlanta Passes "EV Ready" Ordinance into Law (press release,) 11/21/17
- Electrify the South's Volkswagen Settlement page
- Solar United Neighbors
- Drive Electric Orlando
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association's Electric Vehicle Working Group
- Plug-In NC
- NextCar Pledge
- New Numbers Are In and EVs Are Cleaner Than Ever, Union of Concerned Scientists, 5/31/17
- Electric Vehicles: Driving Reduced Demand for Offshore Oil (SACE blog series,) April 2018
Recorded: April 26, 2018.
Published: April 30, 2018.
Sign up for email news and updates from More Power To You.
Thank you to our sponsor! The Atlas EV Hub gives stakeholders from across the electric vehicle industry quick access to key data and information on the market, policies and regulations, and activities by the EV community. The Hub is the place to track activities in the states related to the Volkswagen Settlement. Visit www.atlasevhub.com to learn more, including how to gain free access for public agencies and Clean Cities Coalitions.