Offshore Winds 2018, with Liz Burdock, Executive Director of the Business Network for Offshore Wind (Ep.34)
Manage episode 199477530 series 1409393
The offshore wind industry is growing quickly! Liz Burdock, Executive Director of the Business Network for Offshore Wind, returns to the podcast almost a year after our first conversation to discuss the outlook for offshore wind today.
Liz presents an overview of state-level offshore wind developments on both coasts; discusses the implications of technological advances for future offshore wind development; shares news about the Network's work with federal partners to establish national industry standards; announces some upcoming Network-sponsored events; and closes with a prediction about offshore wind prices in the future.
Resources mentioned in the show include:
- Offshore wind energy and fishing thrive together, video by University of Delaware and American Wind Energy Association
- Tradepoint Atlantic
- Maine's Aqua Ventus floating wind turbine
- Navigant Research, Offshore Wind Market and Project Assessment 2017
- Bloomberg, These Four Power Giants Rule the World's Growing Wind Market
- 2018 International Offshore Wind Partnering Forum (IPF)
Recorded February 26, 2018.
Published March 5, 2018.
Sign up for email news and updates from More Power To You.
Thank you to our sponsor! More Power to You is sponsored by CleanChoice Energy, a 100% renewable energy provider based in Washington, DC. CleanChoice Energy seeks to transform the U.S. electric grid by making clean energy accessible to everyone. With CleanChoice Energy you don’t need to install solar panels or even own your home to access clean energy. Learn more about CleanChoice Energy in your area by visiting cleanchoiceenergy.com.