Manage episode 202297986 series 1409393
In this episode we take a deep dive look at the solar market in the southeastern U.S. My guest is Bryan Jacob, Solar Program Director at SACE, the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy. We use SACE's new report Solar in the Southeast as the basis for our conversation. We start by discussing the report's methodology, then delve into the solar landscape in the seven states the report covers, including the political and policy activity shaping the numbers. We close by considering the possible impact of recent federal actions, and contemplate what the Solar in the Southeast report may look like a few years from now.
- Solar in the Southeast - 2017 Annual Report, by SACE
- Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook
- EIA's 860 data (utility)
- EIA's 861 data (distributed)
- 2017 Solar Market Insight, by SEIA and GTM Research
- North Carolina legislative staff overview of 2017 Competitive Energy Solutions for NC legislation
- Regulators approve Georgia Power IRP, Utility Dive article by Robert Walton, 7/28/16
- Floridians for Solar Choice
- South Carolina's 2016 Act 236 Implementation Report
- Jacksonville Electric Authority's Battery Incentive Program
- The Interchange Podcast: Why US Solar Had a Down Year in 2017
Recorded: March 26, 2018.
Published: April 2, 2018.
Sign up for email news and updates from More Power To You.
Thank you to our sponsor! The Atlas EV Hub gives stakeholders from across the electric vehicle industry quick access to key data and information on the market, policies and regulations, and activities by the EV community. The Hub is the place to track activities in the states related to the Volkswagen Settlement. Visit www.atlasevhub.com to learn more, including how to gain free access for public agencies and Clean Cities Coalitions.