Manage episode 259652328 series 2536940
Five years years ago, upon completing my Psychology Ph.D., I began holding retreats and workshops to support Mormons in faith crisis, and specifically to help reduce anxiety, depression, suicidality, family strife, and unnecessary divorce for those experiencing a Mormon Faith Crisis. For many of these workshops and retreats, I was fortunate to co-present with Natasha Helfer Parker and Margi Dehlin.
In August of 2019 we decided to hold a weekend retreat and record the entire experience ,including the attendee participation. This is that retreat, which was held from 8/30 to 9/1/2019 in Salt Lake City, Utah. 40 audience members participated. The following topics were addressed:
- Understanding and Navigating a Religious Transition
- Fundamentals of Mental Health in a Religious Transition
- The Key to Healthy Relationships: Emotional Intimacy
- Healthy Sexuality After a Faith Transition
- Conscious Parenting
- Communicating with Believing Family and Friends
We hope you enjoy this content. It is the best insight we can share to help you navigate your religious transition.
Finally, a HUGE thanks goes to Clint and Jeni Martin for underwriting this event.