Manage episode 246319786 series 2386305
Ben Brearley is a leader, manager, MBA, coach, and creator of Thoughtful Leader. He has managed teams across different companies, industries and cities. He knows what makes a leader tick. Living in Perth, Western Australia, with his loving wife and energetic dog, Ben created Thoughtful Leader to improve how people think about (and do) their work.
Ben helps people become better leaders by focusing on the important foundations of leadership: effective time management, building self confidence and inspiring your team. We talk about how better time management allows leaders to focus on strategic shifts and business gains, the impact that self-confidence has not only on your team but on the bottom line, the value of online courses and much more. As we discuss in the episode, Ben wants to know what challenges you have with your team, so let Ben know.EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS
We start by discussing Ben’s podcast and re-purposing content and go on to talk about:
- The evolution of his writing
- How creativity feeds itself
- The value of SEO without getting hung up on it
- The 80/20 rule balancing core functions and big ideas
- The challenges and benefits of online courses
- Balance quality and quantity with your content. Don’t overextend yourself.
- Don’t be a victim of your time management system. Take charge of it.
- The more confident a leader is, the more confident their team is.