Manage episode 166851155 series 1318710
On this episode of Mother’s Quest, I had an opportunity to talk with an amazing mother, entrepreneur, TEDx speaker, and blogger, named Katherine Wintsch about bringing authenticity into our lives as women and mothers.
Katherine is a nationally recognized expert on the topic of modern motherhood. As the founder and CEO of The Mom Complex, she advises major corporations on what mothers really need in order to create better products and services that make mothers lives easier. She writes about the highs and lows of motherhood in her blog, In All Honesty. Her TEDx talk titled, Unmasking Motherhood, uses spoken word to deliver a powerful call to action to mothers, and inspired me to let down my own mask, to be vulnerable and honest, through the creation of Mother’s Quest.
In our conversation, Katherine shares how she learned to let go of people-pleasing and mommy guilt, and instead got curious, learned to love herself and designed a life that fulfills her. We talk about the power of revealing the truth about motherhood and that it’s absolutely OK to not be OK and to not have all the answers.
I hope her story will inspire you to let down your own mask and help you step more fully into your own authentic, E.P.I.C. life.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Katherine’s path of taking control of her own life and self-worth
- How an innocent question from her husband led Katherine on a year-long journey of curiosity and self-exploration, in order to align her inner truth with her outer pursuits
- The connection between living an authentic life that allows her to feel excitement about her work, and the impact it has on her children
- Unmasking motherhood and changing the conversation about how moms talk about their lives
- You can’t have it all until you define what “all” means for yourself
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Mom Complex - http://momcomplex.com/
- Unmasking Motherhood - Katherine's TEDx-RVA talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIuSNks3DA
- Katherine's blog: In All Honesty - http://katherinewintsch.com/
- Finding Your Own North Star, by Martha Beck (exercise on life enhancing activity vs. life depleting activity)
- The concept of defining success in your life first, and only then can you define success in your career - Devon Green from Fogdog Coaching & Consulting - http://www.fogdogcoaching.com/
45 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 56 mins duration .