Manage episode 341676705 series 1526602
JD Sustar, aka Finance Cowboy, has been in the real estate industry since 2016 when he flipped his first home in South Florida. It was an overwhelming experience and made him realize two things: 1. He had a lot to learn 2. Real long-term wealth is built through owning rentals, not flipping homes. In 2018 with only a $10,000 net worth, JD began buying rental properties in Upstate South Carolina. Since then he has purchased 13 single-family homes, a mobile home park, and multiple AirBnB’s, while also acquiring and launching multiple six-figure businesses which include: Finance Cowboy, Peacock Insurance Agency & Shoppable LLC. He has amassed tens of thousands of followers on social media where he teaches others how to build wealth and freedom. We talked to JD about his investing journey, how he grew his social media massively in just a year and how he created his personal brand.
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[00:01 – 03:34] Opening Segment
- JD talks about his background;
- He talks about how he got into real estate investing;
[03:34 – 10:09] Patience and Perseverance
- JD talks about his portfolio;
- He talks about his insurance business;
- The importance of understanding how patience can help you;
- The importance of networking;
- How to evaluate a business;
[10:09 – 25:56] Growing Your Social Media 101
- How to grow your social media;
- How to commit to posting everyday and set yourself up for success;
- What types deals you should look for under the affordable umbrella;
- The ways that creating a personal brand can help you;
- JD talks about why he started getting active on social media;
- How JD mixes the content he creates for social media;
- Contact JD: Links below.
[25:56 – 29:58] Round of Insights
Not having a good season because of distractions in his junior year at college.
The One Page Marketing Plan
Most Recommended Book:
#1 Insight for Growing Your Social Media Brand
Best Place to Grab a Bite in South Carolina:
“Be consistent. Show up everyday and engage with others. If you do that you're going to have a lot success.” - JD Sustar
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.